I have always loved to read for the same reason I love to act, which is that other people’s stories are more interesting to me than my own.
As a lifelong book lover, as someone who treasures and admires the skill and talent of original and powerful story tellers it is my great privilege to be invited into the world and business of books. Especially thrilling to join those who serve the rich history that is Hogarth. I am so thrilled to announce that we’ve acquired the first book for SJP for Hogarth from a gifted young storyteller Fatima Farheen Mirza—a poignant portrait of a family caught between two cultures and a resonant story of faith, tradition, identity and belonging in contemporary America, to be published in 2018.
Sign up to receive updates from Sarah Jessica Parker, SJP for Hogarth and related news from Penguin Random House.
Sarah Jessica Parker recently launched SJP for Hogarth in partnership with Molly Stern, Publisher of Crown and Hogarth. In this new role, Parker acquires and curates works of fiction that reflect her own taste as a reader. She is directly involved in the editorial and publishing process for each book issued under her imprint, with her vision providing the editorial foundation for each publication.
Parker serves as The American Library Association’s Honorary Chair of Book Club Central. As honorary chair, she will provide a selection of recommended titles throughout the year.
She is the star and executive producer of Divorce, which premiered in October 2016 on HBO and which has been renewed for a second season.
Parker currently serves as a Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors for the New York City Ballet. In November 2009, the Obama administration elected her to be a member of the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities.
She lives with her husband, 3 children and lots of books in New York City.
- Winter Institute 2018 - Sarah Jessica Parker in conversation with Pamela Paul
- New York Times - "Sarah Jessica Parker Reveals First Book Acquisition, and Her A.L.A. Book Club Pick"
- ABC News - "Sarah Jessica Parker picks novel as 1st reading selection for national book club"
- Library Journal – "Sarah Jessica Parker Kicks Off Book Club Central"
- Associated Press – “Sarah Jessica Parker to Chair Library Association Book Club”
- Entertainment Weekly – “Sarah Jessica Parker to partner with the American Library Association”
- Chicago Tribune – “Sarah Jessica Parker to visit Chicago as part of new ALA partnership”
- New York Times – “Sarah Jessica Parker on New Literary Path”
- Vogue – “SJP Takes Literary Leap”
- Vanity Fair – “Sarah Jessica Parker Returns to Her (Fictional) Writerly Roots”
- USA Today – “Book Lover SJP is getting her own literary imprint”
- Entertainment Weekly – “Sarah Jessica Parker to launch book publishing imprint”
- Vulture – “Sarah Jessica Parker Is Launching a Book Publishing Imprint”